Based in Valencia, Spain
Press / Business contact:
Born in 1987, Damian Sanchez is an award winning music composer and audio director based in Valencia, Spain. Damian is known for his work on video games on projects like Rise and Shine, Immortal Redneck, Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days and the Blues and Bullets episodic game among others. In the theatre side he has been awarded by the renowned "Premio Max" 2017 to "Best music for scene play" for his work on Mulïer, a show by Maduixa teatre. He is the audio director and CEO of the music and interactive audio production company Sonotrigger.
Classically trained and graduated in Piano, Percussion by the "José Iturbi" music conservatory from Valencia, and Music Composition by the "Salvador Seguí" superior music conservatory from Castellón (Spain), he is self-trained in music technology and music production techniques. His music is defined as a mix between the acoustic and the digital sound. Most of his scores include elements both from modern theatrical orchestral music and 21th century electronic music.Interactive
Collaborating with the spanish’s leading game studios, Damian is widely renowned for composing some of the top recent scores in the game development outlook in Spain. His work on Rise and Shine by Super Mega Team, Immortal Redneck by Crema or Blues and Bullets by A Crowd of Monsters, stablished him as one of the top referents in the national game audio industry. His work had been recognized several times, highlighting the nominations at the National Spanish Video Game Industry “Gamelab” awards in 2016 and 2012, the "Jerry Goldsmith" in 2012, and the “Annual Video Game Awards” in 2012. Overseas, he had composed music for the latest 剑侠世界 developed by Seasun Entertainment, one of the leading MMORPG game developers in China for which he had the chance to record with the Macedinian Radio Symphonic Orchestra (F.A.M.E.s) in 2016.Theatre
In 2012 he makes the first approach into the scene world composing the music for "Tam-Tam", a show parade by Maduixa Teatre. The good reception of the show brought him the opportunity to work in the music for the "Crida de Fallas 2012" in a pyrothecnic-musical show in which he colaborates with the renowned Ricardo Caballer. Later, he works on the music for DoT (Premio Max and Feten to best family show 2015), and Mulïer (Premio Max to best street theatre and Best music composition for scene show, 2017). Curranekt he works for several theatre companies, highlighting the already mentioned Maduixa Teatre, PanicMap with Juan Pablo Mendiola and Producciones Adisac, for whom he wrote his first musical theatre "EL umsical de Charlie y la fábrica de chocolate".
Highlighted Interactive Projects
Highlighted Scene Projects
Damian Sanchez's video game music reel '16 Vimeo
There are far more images available for About | Press, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for About | Press. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Best music composition for theater for Mulïer." - XX Max Awards, 2017
- "Winner Best Original Soundtrack for I've just had a dream" - Ballston Spa Film Festival, 2015.
- "Winner Best Original Soundtrack for Hidrólisis" - VI Cortocomenious Short Film Festival, 2012.
- "Winner Best Music in Publicity for Eurona, la teleco social" - VI Jerry Goldsmith International Awards, 2012
- "Winner Best Original Soundtrack for La Cruz" - Plasencia en Corto Short Film Festival, 2012
- "Winner Best Original Soundtrack for Abril" - CORTOSenOFF International Short Film Festival, 2012
- "Winner with Sueño y Esperanza" - 1st International Composing Competition Sincronic, 2010
- "" -
- "Nominee Best Music and Sound for Blues and Bullets" - Spanish Videogame Industry Awards, 2016
- "Nominee Best Music and Sound for Anima: Gate of Memories" - Spanish Videogame Industry Awards, 2016
- "Nominee Outstanding Contribution - Independent Composer" - Annual Video Game Awards, 2012
- "Nominee Best Score Independent for Supermagical" - Annual Video Game Awards, 2012
- "Nominee Best Music in Free Creation for Supermagical" - VII Jerry Goldsmith International Awards, 2012
- "Nominee Best Sound for Supermagical" - Spanish Videogame Industry Awards, 2012
- "Nominee Best Music in Documentary for Tierra sin mal" - VI Jerry Goldsmith International Awards, 2012
- "Nominee Best Music for Zhao" - XI Premis Tirant del Audiovisual, 2008
- "Rise and Shine : Audio post-mortem."
- Damian Sanchez, Gamasutra
- "La música en los videojuegos, esa silenciosa protagonísta."
- Alejandro Alcolea, Somos Xbox
- "Música para videojuegos, el filón de los nuevos compositores contemporáneos."
- Marta Moreira, Cultur Plaza | Valencia Plaza
- "Una banda sonora vasco-valenciana para un videojuego chino."
- Julen Zaballa, Videojuegos Vascos
- "Entrevista a Damian Sanchez. "La mayoría sigue pensando que el audio es lo último"."
- Yorva Turnes, DeVuego
- "Entrevista a Damian Sanchez de Sonotrigger"
- David Serrano, Zehn Games
- "Entrevista a Damian Sanchez de Sonotrigger"
- Victor Frías, iOS Gamers Zone
Sonotrigger website sonotrigger.com.
iTunes Discography itunes.apple.com.
Soundcloud Profile soundcloud.com.
LinkedIn Profile linkedin.com.
IMDB Credits imdb.com.